|September 11 - October 9, 2017|
Individual rate: $175 per person
Group rate: $700 for 5 participants, $140 for each additional participant.
Participant cancellations will be accepted during the first week
of the course with a full refund of the registration fee.
There will be NO refunds or participant
substitutions after the first week.
For the course section beginning on September 11, 2017, the final day to request a refund will be September 15, 2017.
The course will cover these topics and more.
- Personal Profiles
- Informational Interviewing
- Job Negotiations
- Employment Proposals
- Funding Strategies
Learning Objectives: After taking this course, a participant will be able to:
- Describe the principles that illustrate organizational commitment to customized employment.
- Describe the role of a personal representative.
- Explain the discovery process and why it is the foundation of job development.
- Discuss ways to learn about businesses' employment needs.
- Describe ways to a create job to meet a person's ideal conditions of employment and benefit the workplace.
- Discuss possible ways to negotiate a job.
- Describe various funding sources.
Lesson 1: Overview of Customized Employment
Lesson 2: Job Seeker Exploration
Lesson 3: Employer Negotiations
Lesson 4: Funding Customized Employment
- Customized Employment: Dr. Amy Armstrong
- Discovery: Michael Callahan
- Person Centered Planning: Dr. Amy Armstrong
- Job Negotiation: Pam Targett
- Creative Employment Strategies: Dr. Wendy Parent
- Achieving Customized Employment Outcomes Using Diversified Funding: Nancy Brooks-Lane
- Partnering with One-Stops to Facilitate Customized Employment Outcomes: Maggie Leedy and Lisa Cuozzo
Course Structure: The course consists of four lessons; each lasts one week. A new lesson is made available Monday morning by 9:00 a.m. E.T. The course web site is always available, and a participant may log into the course at any time in order to view content, listen to the lectures, and complete the assignments. Each lesson will require 4 hours of staff time to complete. Please note that our online offerings are intensive, and we do not recommend taking more than one of these courses concurrently.
Course Credit: A participants can earn 1.6 CEUs or 16 CRCs upon course completion. Also, a certificate of completion will be issued to a participant who completes all course assignments.
Technical Requirements: A participant's computer must have Adobe Acrobat Reader (free software), and Flash Player (free software). A participant will be able to log on to the course at any time of the day and access the audio lectures. Each person MUST have an individual e-mail account. If the individual does not already have an account, a free one can be set up through http://www.hotmail.com. We send updates on the course activities and feedback on course activities through e-mail contact