Life Beyond the Classroom: Transition Strategies for Young Adults with Disabilities (New 5th Edition)
by Paul WehmanWehman, P. (2012). Life Beyond the Classroom: Transition Strategies for Young Adults with Disabilities (New 5th Edition). Baltimore, MD: Brookes Publishing.
For more than two decades, the trusted Life Beyond the Classroom text has shaped the practices of thousands of professionals helping students make a smooth transition from school to adulthood. Now this landmark textbook is in a NEW fifth edition—updated with the cutting-edge information professionals need in today's changing world, as young people with disabilities face unprecedented financial, family, employment, and educational challenges.
A definitive compendium of up-to-date, evidence-based transition research, this expanded new edition takes Life Beyond the Classroom to the next level. Future professionals will get all the latest best practices and timely research on the full spectrum of transition topics, from assessment and assistive technology to social skills and self-determination. And with the unparalleled new package of online companion materials (see below for details), instructors will enhance their teaching with videos, activities, PowerPoint slides, and a convenient test bank. With this comprehensive revision of a pioneering text, the next generation of professionals will be fully prepared to give young people with disabilities appropriate, effective, and individualized support as they navigate our increasingly complex society. Order Online at Brookes Publishing Co.
New chapters on critical topics:
- working with families
- multicultural transition planning
- teaching social skills
- secondary curriculum options
- Online companion materials
- Fresh contributions by highly regarded early career professionals
- All chapters completely revised and updated
- The very latest research, statistics, and legislation
- More practical strategies, case studies, and photos
- Updated annotated lists of helpful online resources
- Improved, more user-friendly design
New Online Companion Materials!
Plan your next course with a comprehensive package of multimedia supplementary materials, unrivaled by any other transition text:
- Videos for every chapter that bring key concepts to life for your students
- 300 downloadable slides aligned with each chapter's content—in PowerPoint format, so you can customize and edit slides
- Activities for every chapter that help students practice key skills, like writing transition plans and conducting assessments
- Chapter introductions with objectives, takeaway points, and study questions
- Convenient test bank with multiple choice, fill-in-the-blank, and short answer/essay questions
Have a Question or Comment About This Article?